• Nokia launches Firmware v.30.0.019 for n82?


    P@sco from Jaspp.net is reporting that new Nokia N82 version 30.0.019 firmware is available on Nokia Software Updater. I haven't got a chance to check yet since I'm at work, but I hope to tonight (if my Windows partition is working).

    Right now there is no official changelog, but I suspect it will be similar to the recent Nokia N95 8gb firmware update. What changes did that consist of? According to All About Symbian v.30 firmware of the N95 8gb changes include...

    - Nokia Maps 2.0 now built-in
    - Full N-Gage client now built-in
    - Nokia Search 4.0 now with Google plug-in
    - Share online 3.0
    - Enablers for Comes With Music (watch this space)
    - Download! application updated (v 3.1.50)
    - Upgrade to Music Player, with new visualisations
    - Update for Flash Lite 3 (improved viewing of sites like YouTube)
    - Current consumption improvements (for e.g. WLAN scanning)
    - New baseline for VoIP (with significant error corrections)
    - Incoming call number is displayed in additon to name of the contact
    - Realplayer supports FLV format (i.e FLV files can be played directly like MP4)

    No word on the bug fixes.

    Warning!!!
    My pal Ricky from Symbian-Guru is trying to update his firmware and he says his phone is now bricked. He's just getting a white screen. Keep checking his site to see if he can fix the problem. He says the update is available for EURO 1 product code 0558752. Another update! Dr. Tran (Al) from The Nokia Blog has also informed me that his phone is bricked after trying to update. I would give it a week or so before trying this. Update again! Dr. Tran tried it again and now he got his phone back.

    I recently posted an article for you guys if you remember asking what needs to be fixed in the new firmware. See the posts here and here.

    If any of you can check it out and report back any changes that would be awesome. The main thing I'm hoping for is improved battery life. I'm really getting tired of conserving battery life at 5pm or my battery will die. I'm pretty sure this update isn't available for all product codes yet, I would give it 3-4 days before it's fully available.








    Do give me your feedback through comments...

    If you like the post then
    please do keep visiting my blog as I will soon start a program to distribute FREE Rapidshare Premium accounts to my MOST VISITING members!



    Awaiting,
    Fkay

Featured Video